[Tweeters] "Ring-necked" Gadwall

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 00:07:31 PDT 2022

Yesterday, Saturday 4/23 - we took a walk out on the Des Moines Fishing
Pier and saw an odd drake Gadwall there. It had an almost complete black
ring around the neck with white above and below. Otherwise it was a
perfectly normal looking male Gadwall. A quite interesting look! I looked
online at hybrids, but none of them were close. It was paired off with a
female Gadwall and accompanied by three other pairs of Gadwall with two
additional drakes.
Also seen from the pier looking south were three Marbled Murrelets, a pair
of Pigeon Guillemots and a single Rhinoceros Auklet.

Good Birding!

Hans
--
*Hans Feddern*