[Tweeters] Jim Karr, UW Professor Emeritus Is a Founder of the Study and Sent Me This Link Regarding the Declines in Panama Forest Birds

Dan Reiff dan.owl.reiff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:50:09 PDT 2022

Hello Tweeters Community,

Jim Karr, UW Professor Emeritus Is a Founder of the Study and Sent Me This
Link Regarding the Declines in Panama Forest Birds.
"SAFS Professor Emeritus Jim Karr began a long-term bird study in Panama 55
years ago while he was a PhD student and later as a professor of ecology at
the University of Illinois."

Has he been a speaker for WOS? If not I would enjoy hearing him present
regarding his research. And I am sure he has great stories to tell of his
time there.
Great work and thank you for your efforts, Jim!

"Hi Dan -

Thanks for your effort to circulate announcements re the recent paper on
long-term populations declines in Panama forest birds.

Here is a local University of Washington press release on that paper:

https://fish.uw.edu/2022/04/protected-tropical-forest-sees-major-bird-declines-over-40-years/

Jim

James R. Karr, Professor Emeritus
School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences