[Tweeters] King Cty. Black-headed Gull

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Thu Apr 7 18:45:01 PDT 2022

Tweets,

The Black-headed Gull continues in south King County today.  I was fairly sure I saw it at Dumas Bay yesterday afternoon, but went back this afternoon and eventually got a great look at what seemed the same bird.  Hundreds of gulls, mostly Bonaparte's and a fair number of Short-billed, loafed and preened on the beach at lower tides both afternoons.  I spotted it this time when it flew in to join a small bathing party around 4:30, then watched it rejoin the larger flock on the flats and preen for ten-plus minutes before seeing it fly far off to the north and light on the water near Vashon Island.  The rest of the flock had been slowly trickling away to spread out on the calm water, as well.

7 April, 2022,

Alan Grenon
Seattle
panmail AT mailfence.com