[Tweeters] Townsend's Warblers at Feeders

Jane Hadley hadleyj1725 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:16:11 PST 2021

Dear Tweetsters - We've lived in our house here in Seattle (about 6
blocks south of the University of Washington Arboretum) for more than 35
years.

Over that period, we've recorded 69 different species in our yard, the
highlights being Ovenbird (July 1991), Harris's Sparrow (October 2017),
and (Lesser Goldfinch (Nov 2019 - Jan 2020).

For the first 24 years in this house, we never saw a Townsend's Warbler
in our yard. We saw our first Townsend's Warbler on Nov 9, 2010. We saw
our second one April 29, 2019.

Things have changed in the last year, however.  We had a Townsend's
Warbler coming to our suet feeder last year between December 21, 2020
and April 2, 2021. This year a Townsend's Warbler showed up October 2,
2021 and continues to come sporadically.

During this time, they do not come every day and they are rather
skittish when they do come.

Jane Hadley

Seattle, WA