[Tweeters] window strikes

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:15:29 PDT 2021

My variation on Acopian blinds, alias Zen Wind Curtains, (developed by Jeff
Acopian) uses the standard cheap "parachute" cord knockoff widely available
in stores, but -- I did not space the cords 4" apart as recommended.
They're about 6" apart, only because I knew I didn't have enough cord to do
both the front window and back patio door otherwise. They've worked
perfectly. They also don't bother my view, and I can easily take photos
through the gaps. I used 3M Command Strip hooks to mount to our vinyl clad
patio door without harming it.

I first saw these at the beautiful home of our good friends Karen & Joe
Zook. Thank you Karen & Joe.

There are excellent directions on how to make them here:
https://www.birdsavers.com/make-your-own/

They describe the tests done to determine the minimum needed spacing
(closer than 4" wasn't more effective.) You can also order them at the same
website.

https://www.aba.org/aba-code-of-birding-ethics/
Kevin Lucas
Yakima County, WA