[Tweeters] White-throated Sparrows in Edmonds

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Tue Mar 31 19:41:10 PDT 2020

Hi Tweeterdom - WTSP were very welcome, but sporadic at our Edmonds feeders in previous winters, with an individual showing up for a day or two at the most. In mid-October 2018, while we were in Australia, Jean Olson was house/cat sitting for us and reported one bird showing up. After we returned, on Nov. 6, I first ebirded this bird but by January 1, there were two, a tan- and a white-striped. Between January 3 and February 13, we often had 3 White-throats (and a number of birder friends!) visiting. One or two birds were seen daily through at least April 10. Last fall, we were gone much of October, but noted the first White-throats on Nov. 7, 2019. Two birds were noticed on Nov. 13, again, a tan and a white-striped. We wonder if they're the same pair that were here last winter? We've been doing grandkid care the last few days but these two were both present yesterday morning. We'll see if they hang out any later than April 10 - something to occupy one's mind. Incidentally, I'd like to remind people posting about bird sightings to please say WHERE you are/ or saw the birds! Happy Birding (if you can/dare) - Jon Houghton, (under house arrest) in Edmonds