[Tweeters] Please model appropriate behavior during this pandemic

Penny L Koyama plkoyama at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 11:41:56 PDT 2020

Tweets,
Per Scott Downes’ earlier kindly worded plea, can’t we just stop this lecturing? Even as someone stuck home with a sick person and awaiting test results, this has all gotten way too much. Let’s just enjoy the birds whether they are in our yards or 6 ft away from others somewhere else, read books about birds, or watch bird shows on Netflix. Please, per the mission of Tweeters, let’s keep our focus on birds, rather than each other.
Penny Koyama, Bothell

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 29, 2020, at 9:04 AM, Devon Comstock <devonc78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, but it's also travel outside your local area which is discouraged too. Though admittedly some of Inslee's language was a bit vague. The primary point is stay home and stay local except for essential travel.

>> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 17:50 beneteau <beneteau at wavecable.com> wrote:

>> Just to be clear, Gov Inslee's order does NOT prohibit going out, even on trails (if open). His web page states, "People can still participate in activities such as bike rides, gardening, and dog walking — as long as they follow social distancing rules. So, it's the gathering that is prohibited and folks need to stay at least 6+ feet apart.

>> I've already noticed some"shaming" of birders for going out at all (on Tweeters, for example) and that isn't appropriate either.

>> We've appropriately cancelled sponsored events. That's in keeping with the "no gathering" edict but let's not pile on if someone goes out on their own and then reports a "find."

>> Jim Beneteau

>> Arlington, Wa

>>> On 3/28/2020 7:55 AM, Cynthia Easterson wrote:

>>> I may have spoken to soon on the Trip report... JONATHAN, Please accept my apologies. I see now that that trip happened before we cancelled trips. PLEASE POST and PUBLISH Jonathan's report.

>>> I've just been getting so much push back on how birders think they should be out and about I went off before checking the date. So sorry!!!

>>> Cindy