[Tweeters] Bewicks wrens hatchlings

AMK17 amk17 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 21 13:51:36 PDT 2020

Practicing social isolation means I am in the yard nearly alll day. Whilst extending a garden bed, I heard the chirps of hatchling wrens and found the wrens settled on an old nest box I hid up up in a shrubby camellia. Need to check the data but it seems early for hatchlings.

So they do build multiple nests but after watching the wrens add to a different nest yesterday, I was surprised (but thrilled) to hear the hatchlings in a nearby box.

While gardening, I find Olsen grubs which I usually throw to a robin but today the wren grabbed it as soon as I left it on the patio - a big fat grub.

Happy isolation birding!
AKopitov
Seattle
AMK17