[Tweeters] Orcas Island 3/19-3/20
sowersalexander1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 10:27:06 PDT 2020
Hey Tweets, here are a couple notable birds i’ve gotten while spending time
up on Orcas trying to avoid the virus :/
3/19, Turtleback Mt.
- 1 Adult Golden Eagle, my second one here in about 3 years. Surprisingly
flew over chased by some ravens during our decent from the West Overlook.
3/19, Wildwood Loop
- 1 Northern Saw-whet Owl tooting non-stop from behind our cabin.
3/20, Coho Preserve
- 1 American Dipper foraging in the creek in the Coho Preserve. Dippers
are very rare in the San Juan’s except at a few spots around Moran State
3/20, Turtleback Mt: Hike up to the West Overlook with my dad looking for
- 1 Western Screech-Owl constantly singing from forest below Ship Peak.
Certainly unexpected given that Turtleback is made up of relatively thick
- 1 Northern Saw-whet Owl tooting a couple times down by the screech-owl.
3/21, Wildwood Loop
- Singing Savannah Sparrows!
- and plenty of Violet-green Swallows.
Good birding, Alex Sowers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters