[Tweeters] Some Skagit Sightings

STEVEN ELLIS sremse at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 17:59:30 PDT 2020

Today, beyond the thousands of Snow Geese and the other usual Big White Birds (both swan sp.), we encountered:

* 10:00 am- 2 American Bitterns from the dike walk at the Rawlins Road access point.

* Noon @ the Gun Club Road Access from Maupin road: a Coyote was wading up to its belly in water as it moved stealthily toward shore.It seemed to be using the sun at its back in order to sneak up on some Mallards.We lost sight from our vantage point so we don't know if it scored or not.

* 3:00ish in the trees along the slough behind the parking area at the headquarters of the Skagit Wildlife area:: a Black Phoebe was flitting among the trees and shrubs. We also saw our 1st Violet-green Swallows over the nearby field.

Great day, great birding.
-----Steve Ellis
Coupeville, Wa
sremse at comcast.net