[Tweeters] Black-chinned/throated hummingbird identification ?

Sharon Howard clmssh at comcast.net
Thu Mar 12 16:44:12 PDT 2020

At our hummingbird feeder in Ballard I just saw a mostly gray hummingbird with distinct all black chin. Head was all gray, only black was a solid triangle in chin/throat area. Back was mostly gray with some green. No bright colors anywhere. I know there are black-chinned hummingbirds in Eastern Washington, but didn’t expect one here; and the images of them on All About Birds show black heads, unlike this one. Any help with likely identification is appreciated. Thank you.
Sharon Howard
Lower Sunset Hill