[Tweeters] Fast Company: Why we need to kill the lawn

Dan Reiff dan.owl.reiff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:25:12 PDT 2020

Why we need to kill the lawn
There are, by some estimates, more than 40 million acres of green lawns in the U.S., making turf grass the largest irrigated crop in the country. A new book suggests that landowners repurpose some of their landscaping for another purpose: creating a “Homegrown National Park,” a connected network of more natural gardens that could help stave off the insect apocalypse and the collapse of broader ecosystems. [Photo: courtesy Timber Press] “We have data showing we’re deep into the sixth great

Read in Fast Company: https://apple.news/AmZLobKhGQ_WDPHi1ttsFSA

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPhone