[Tweeters] Okanogan Highlands Saturday 1/25

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:24:32 PST 2020

Hi Tweets,

our scout trip had another nice day in the highlands with temperatures
around 30-35 degrees and light snow.

Fancher Road was good for Chukar and Coopers Hawk.

On Siwash Creek Road we observed a flock of 20 plus Red Crossbills and
spotted a Northern Shrike.

There was a single Gray-crowned Rosy-finch on Havillah Road just north of
where North Siwash Creek Road comes out and before the SnoPark adjacent to
a home with hay bails on the north side of the road.

The highland SnoPark was quiet with Pileated and Hairy Woodpeckers,
Mountain Chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatch as well.

Nealy Road and Hungry-Hollow Feeders were quiet with Mountain Chickadee and
Black-capped Chickadee. North of the Nealy Road Feeders at Highland
Meadows, we picked up a Northern Pygmy-Owl.

Teas Road was good for approximately 1000 Snow Buntings.

Chesaw had a Townsend's Solitaire.

On Chesaw Road east of Pontiac Ridge south end towards Toroda Creek, in the
wetlands of Beaver Pond Canyon we observed Virginia Rail, American Dipper,
and Golden Eagle.

One of our group located an American Three-toed Woodpecker on Bulch Road
off Toroda Creek Road north and east of Wauconda.

We saw many Rough-legged Hawks and additional Northern Shrike and Northern
Pygmy Owl.

Until tomorrows update, happy birding.
Shep
--