[Tweeters] WBRC Article from Western Birds now available on WOS Website

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 25 07:33:10 PST 2020

Hello all -

Happy to report that the latest Washington Bird Records Committee published report has come out in Western Birds, and is now available online on the WOS website. Thanks WOS for allowing easy access to these articles.

The report (and past reports) can be found at: http://wos.org/records/pastreports/ <http://wos.org/records/pastreports/>

This report covers the 2014-2016 period. It covers rarities found and documented through this period, including notes on the state first records of Broad-billed Hummingbird, Spotted Redshank, Least Auklet, Woodhouse’s Scrub-Jay, Red-flanked Bluetail, Gray Wagtail, Little Bunting and Lucy’s Warbler. In total 318 reports are reviewed, 72% of them ultimately accepted.

If you subscribe to Western Birds, you’ll get an added treat: One of our own, Doug Schurmann, has the cover photo for the issue - the Neah Bay Eurasian Hobby. Great photo!

We’re working now on the next report, covering 2016-2018 - stay tuned, hopefully later this year….

Matt Bartels
Secretary, WBRC