[Tweeters] Waterville Plateau Friday 1/24

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:54:32 PST 2020

Hi Tweets,

our scout trip for the WOS Winter trip over Presidents Day weekend is off
to a nice start. A bit warm with temperatures in the 30's degrees
Fahrenheit. Party cloudy skies with some fog. We had COMMON REDPOLL and
AMERICAN TREE SPARROW at the abandoned farm with active grain holders on
Heritage Road half way between SR 2 and SR 172 and sighting of GRAY
PARTRIDGE. NE of Mansfield we observed a PRAIRIE FALCON on K Rd and a
SNOWY OWL on H Rd. There were plenty of HORNED LARKS and ROUGH LEGGED HAWK
with a few SNOW BUNTING mixed in. Bridgeport State Park was good for GREAT
HORNED OWL and NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL.

We are off to the highlands tomorrow, happy birding.

Shep and the scout trip

--
Shep Thorp
Browns Point