[Tweeters] Ken Knittle Gone, But Never Forgotten

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 21:27:33 PST 2020

Ken’s passing leaves me very sad. He was a good friend and we had some great times birding. He pioneered county birding before it became popular and he did it with a burning passion. I loved the Washington Birder and wrote a few articles when it began. He and Laurie worked hard to get this publication out.

There are so many good memories from Big Days to birding in the Amazon in Venezuela. Ken was always positive and full of humor. He even got me to say “Oh Dear” a few times. There are so many stories out there about Ken. He was always funny, entertaining while being an extremely serious and knowledgeable birder. His enthusiasm for birding was boundless.

He was also a dairyman through and through. It didn’t take much to get him talking about cows. He loved to chug buttermilk. We have lost a legendary birder and friend.

John Gatchet
Gardiner Beach

Sent from my iPhone