[Tweeters] Ken Knittle

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Tue Jan 7 12:46:04 PST 2020

One January day in 1997, I was leaving Crescent Lake, then called 2 Rivers, near Monroe when I came across Ken Knittle. I recognized him and asked if I could about face and continue to bird with him. Before long, he showed me my first Washington state Rusty Blackbird. That was the beginning of a friendship that would shape my birding experiences for years to come. Ken introduced me to birding in Eastern Washington and to sleeping on the ground in remote areas. On many trips we birded until dark, slept on the ground, got up and birded again until dark. Same thing next day. Finger food was the mode of taking nourishment since we did not stop for meals. At this moment many wonderful stories of adventures with Ken swirl in my head. Ken was a generous, generous mentor. To me and others. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for what I learned from Mr. Lister and the sadness I feel with his passing. Sheeesh!

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

The irresistible force meets the immovable object:
The facts as they are VS The truth as I see it
--- NON SEQUITUR by Wiley Miller