[Tweeters] Ken Knittle

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Jan 7 10:58:35 PST 2020

I am very saddened to hear of the loss of Ken Knittle, he was a true leader in the Washington birding community. He and his spouse, Laurie, published the Washington Birder newsletter and compiled and maintained all of the county checklists. The WOS field trips that Ken led were legendary and a great experience for those wishing to explore different areas of our state, one of his lasting contributions is the concept of county birding lists and in 1993 he was the first person to list at least 100 species in each county and encouraged many others to attempt this challenge. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA