[Tweeters] Short Eared Owls

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 18:20:52 PST 2020

Cindy and I have been battling bad colds since returning from S.F. on the 26th.  I have been out briefly but today was really her first day out.  We spent the afternoon in Skagit County.  Highlights were a Peregrine Falcon at Wylie Road and then 3 Short Eared Owls at the East 90's.  They were new birds for her and they put on a great show.  None were there on first try around 3 pm.  Success was about an hour later.
We saw only a single Rough Legged Hawk and fewer than a half dozen Red Tailed Hawks in 4+ hours...by far the fewest I have seen in that area.  It seemed like more Eagles than usual, maybe 50 including 9 at Wylie.
Celebrated at the Breadfarm in Edison, always a treat.
Blair BernsonEdmonds
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android