[Tweeters] Putting up a hummingbird feeder now ? My FBOY

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:50:51 PST 2020

I have a pair coming to my feeder now. Unfortunately the male likes to have
the feeder for himself. He actually became my first-of-the-year bird at
dawn yesterday!

Hans Feddern

Federal Way

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:41 PM Louise Rutter <louise.rutter at eelpi.gotdns.org>
wrote:

> When I moved to my current house, I put up a hummingbird feeder early one

> summer after I saw one zoom through my yard a couple of times. It was

> months before anybody used it, but then a female started dropping by

> sometimes. She was the only one I saw for most of the first year, but the

> next spring a male appeared. And then they bred and then there were more,

> and now I have a feeder at each end of my property, each claimed by a

> different male. I think it just takes time for someone to find out it's a

> reliable food source and stake out a territory.

> Louise Rutter

> Kirkland

*Hans Feddern*
Twin Lakes/Federal Way, WA