[Tweeters] Seattle Rock Wren

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Wed Jan 1 18:56:03 PST 2020

Hi, Tweets,

I spent from 9:45 to 4:45 today on the south side of Alki Point in Seattle. It was fun to chat with many birders starting their years. When the tide fell enough to allow the walk, Jason V. and I went out and found the Rock Wren continuing among the rocks on the point. It came within a meter of me as it foraged in the intertidal zone. Many of us tried, but I'm not aware of anyone finding the Mountain Chickadee, reported continuing on the Christmas Bird Count on December 28th. The local specialties Brant, Harlequin Duck, Black Turnstone, Surfbird, and Sanderling also cooperated.

1 January, 2020,

Alan Grenon
Seattle