[Tweeters] Japan bird guide books?

Hilary Barnes habarnes at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 21 16:11:38 PDT 2019

I'd appreciate recommendations of bird books for Japan (in English). One of our daughters has moved to Kosugue, a village mountainous far northeastern corner of Yamanashi Prefecture, northeast of Tokyo. She and her husband will be there for 3-5 years in association with a beer brewery, and have a forest full of new wonders in their backyard. She's a novice birder, and also new to the Japanese language- but is a good observer and great with context.

If any of you have birded Japan, what resources did you find most useful? I plan to visit next year myself. :)

All four of my daughters have expressed interest in having their own field guides and binoculars- I must have done something right!

Hilary Barnes
habarnes at earthlink.net
206-331-6058 cell