[Tweeters] Edmonds marina

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Sat Sep 21 07:02:38 PDT 2019

Hi, Tweets,

I haven't been much recently, but had occasion to visit the Edmonds marina yesterday afternoon. If you like your Heermann's Gulls up close and personal, you may want to go soon. Instead of roosting at the far southern end of the breakwater as in past years, hundreds are roosting on the rocks on both sides of the walkway at the north end. Non-birders were stopping to watch them (!). I knew something was different when I saw the rocks stained white as I walked out. It was all tropical-Pacific-island-like. Other than that, one passing loon, a few Alcids and Surf Scoters, distant porpoise and closer seals.

Of 20 September, 2019,

Alan Grenon
Seattle