[Tweeters] Steller's Jay banding?

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Sep 10 12:52:11 PDT 2019

I received the following message this morning from a person in Clark County, WA anyone know what he might be seeing on these Steller's Jays? "I have seen three different Stellar Jays at my bird feeders that have some kind of tagging on them. There seems to be a plastic tube/flag across their chest. one was yellow, one white and it seemed to be an orange striped one. At first, I thought they had been darted with some kind of a pellet gun dart, but the birds seem fine. fly normally and feeding fine etc. The tubing seems to be maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter ¦it may be some kind of harness that goes under the wings and across the chest." Thanks,Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA