[Tweeters] Discovery Park yesterday (Seattle)

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Mon Sep 2 07:38:05 PDT 2019

Hi, Tweets,

It was a good morning at West Point yesterday. A few Parasitic Jaegers passed, now in their more expected time range. Shortly after seven, the American White Pelican flew south over the point, then soared up and east over the bluffs (presumably later to be seen over town). Less than an hour later, a Brown Pelican flew south low over the water. To me, it looked different than the one from earlier in the summer. None of us recall ever having both species in the county on the same day before this. We had five marine mammal species, if you count river otters.

And there were warblers, vireos, thrushes, tanagers, and mysteries in the uplands.

Of 1 September, 2019,

Alan Grenon
Seattle