[Tweeters] Eurasian Tree Sparrow Origin

HAL MICHAEL ucd880 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 29 07:03:38 PDT 2019

Years ago we used to keep and breed some exotic finches; Zebras, Cutthroats, Common Waxbills. Don't think we ever had an escape but we did put plastic bands on each to track for breeding/parentage/etc. I know that there are marking requirements for captive waterfowl. Perhaps the same should be done for any captive birds (other than probably chickens/turkeys). A simple plastic ring at the minimum. Might help in situations like this.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
360-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
ucd880 at comcast.net