[Tweeters] banded Cackling Goose

Lonnie Somer mombiwheeler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:33:26 PDT 2019

Hi Tweeters,

I stopped off at M Street marsh by Emerald Downs in southern King County
today on my way back from work. There were at least 2,500 CACKLING GEESE
present, although I had to go to the bike trail to have them in view. One
of the geese had a metal band around it's right leg and a very wide plastic
yellow band around its neck. Through my scope I could make out what I
believe was a star or asterisk symbol and below that '7%'. I could only
see a portion of this band. Mixed in with the cacklers was 1 GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE. In a shallow rain pond at the far end of the field
were 3 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS.

Good birding,

Lonnie Somer
Seattle