[Tweeters] parrot question

Ed Dominguez edomino.ed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 12:04:29 PDT 2019

Hi Diann,

There is one remaining Mitred Parakeet (Aratinga mitrata) left hanging
around Seward Park from a flock of perhaps a dozen or so birds released
many years ago. When I first started working at the Seward Park Audubon
Center in 2011 there were three individual parakeets remaining. Several
years later we were down to two; the past couple of years just one
individual remains. The bird is frequently heard and seen here in the Park.

Hope this helps....

Ed Dominguez
Lead Naturalist
Seward Park Audubon Center