[Tweeters] Varied Thrush Pair/Other Birds

T.L. Stokes tlstokespoetry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 11:26:51 PDT 2019

We had loads of varied thrush last year near Ames Lake. Have not seen any yet this year but getting excited to see the first arrivals.

Other bird news from the Ames Lake area, our Barred Owl couple is back and calling almost every night. Their nest tree is next to my neighbor’s home. These neighbors have reported seeing a Bobcat recently. And a Cougar was sighted again, this time near the fire station.

A pair of Great Horned owls are calling to each other every few nights. A loud group of Stellar Jays have moved in and we’re seeing less crows. An Osprey was present during the summer but haven’t seen it lately. Many small Chickadees and Towhees this week, a Chipmunk and one very fat Gray Squirrel who seemed disturbed I’ve put bird feeders away due to our local black bears.

Happy Fall & first frost!

T.L. Stokes

Ames Lake

Sent from my iPhone