[Tweeters] Pilchuck Audubon day trip

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:42:10 PDT 2019

Our Pilchuck Audubon group managed to avoid all rain at the Everett Sewage
Lagoons and Spencer Island this morning, although it was a bit brisk in
these open areas. We counted 53 species with several highlights at the
sewage lagoons: 2 Peregrine Falcons, 2 Eared Grebes, 3 Canvasbacks, 1
Redhead, 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, 2 Virginia Rails (one seen), 1
American Bittern. The bitten flew out out the canal next to the road, not
far from the parking area. The Redhead and Canvasbacks were toward the
north end of the large lagoon with numerous Ring-necked Ducks and Lesser
Scaups. Quite a number of Cackling Geese flew over Spencer Island, but no
sign of any Snow Geese. Northern Shovelers, Ruddy Ducks, Northern Pintails
and Mallards numbered in the hundreds.

Phil Dickinson