[Tweeters] Calif. scrub jay in Edmonds--and Seattle

Allison Reak areak823 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 14:43:16 PDT 2019

I saw a scrub jay in my Ballard (Seattle) neighborhood today, temporarily
trapped in a chicken coop run. Once I left, it hopped out under the fence.
This reminded me that In Ballard, I see scrub jays are commonly associated
with backyard chickens, although mature oak trees may be a bonus enticement.
Although neighborhood rat populations skyrocket with backyard chickens, the
appearance of scrub jays is a pleasant trade off.

Allison