[Tweeters] Pacific Co. birding /Black Phoebe

Dave Hayden dtvhm at nwrain.com
Fri Nov 8 18:18:21 PST 2019

Gary Wiles and I  spent the day birding Pacific County and our best bird was a BLACK PHOEBE at the intersect of Camp One Rd. and Mill Creek Rd. in east Raymond.
We started the day walking the Willipa Hills Trail in Pulvius where we had a large flock of both chickadee's and both kinglet's, FOX SPARROWS, BUSHTITS, and 2 EVENING GROSBEAKS.
Further west in Holcomb, we drove along Oxbow Rd. where we picked up several SCRUB JAYS, an AMERICAN KESTREL, and a fly by PEREGRINE FALCON.
After birding the Raymond area, we continued on to Tokeland. Here we had MARBLED GODWITS, WILLETS, DUNLIN, BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, at least a 1000 AMERICAN WIGEON, and several thousand NORTHERN PINTAILS in Willipa Bay.

Dave Hayden
dtvhm AT nwrain .com
Centralia WA