[Tweeters] Birding in eastern Snohomish County

byers345 at comcast.net byers345 at comcast.net
Mon May 27 17:22:19 PDT 2019

Hi Tweeters,

Following in the footsteps of other birders, Bill and I went out to
Whitehorse Park near Darrington, and River Meadows Park near Arlington early
this morning. Our aim was to find the Chipping Sparrow that has been seen
there several times. We did find only one, but it's been there a week, so
it seems like the bird is on territory. I think that's the first time I've
seen a Chipping Sparrow in Western Washington. In River Meadows Park we
were hunting for Bank Swallows, which we couldn't find, but as a consolation
prize, we did find a female Lazuli Bunting. I'm attaching a link to the
Ebird checklist for the River Meadows Park, showing the Lazuli Bunting.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56801660

Happy Birding, Charlotte Byers, Edmonds