[Tweeters] New-to-me raven behavior

Martin Muller martinmuller at msn.com
Mon May 13 20:36:58 PDT 2019

Trileigh,

I’m on digest mode, so maybe this has already been addressed by someone else.

I imagine it's displacement behavior due to “frustration” of not daring to, or being able to (due to dense foliage), directly hit the owl.

I see it with crows perched near raptors all the time. Cawing and cawing at the raptor and not having any visible impact on the raptor, then “venting” by pecking at branches.

Martin Muller, Seattle