[Tweeters] M Street Marsh, South King County Shorebirds

Lonnie Somer mombiwheeler at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:47:41 PDT 2019

Hi Tweeters,

I swung by M St. Marsh after work this afternoon to see if any shorebirds
had stopped over to refuel for their migration north. I was treated to 5
species: 11 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS, 1 DUNLIN, about 50 LEAST SANDPIPERS, a
dozen or so WESTERN SANDPIPERS, and 3 KILLDEER. There are still several
species of ducks as well as CANADA GEESE and CACKLERS. I've also found
AMERICAN PIPITS 3 out of the last 4 times that I've birded there (I've
stopped by after work 4 Mondays in a row), with 1 seen today.

Good birding,

Lonnie Somer
Seattle