[Tweeters] SAS Grays Harbor trip

B P Bell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Mon May 6 08:51:56 PDT 2019

Hi Again Tweets

In my earlier report I neglected to mention a remarkable sight at Graveyard
Spit. In the distance we had an incredible number of Dunlin packed more
tightly than I have seen before (estimated maybe a couple thousand). At one
point a Bald Eagle flew over and all the birds at the spit lifted off. The
interesting point was that the Dunlin did not go high but stayed very low
and flew in a rapid, chaotic, back and forth pattern (almost looking like
designed to provide the maximum confusion for something looking for a weak
bird).

Really interesting.

Good Birding

Brian H. Bell

Woodinville WA

Mail to bell asoc a t iso me dia d o t com