[Tweeters] 5 Warbler day on Butyl Creek

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 22:08:16 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Delia and I tied for a record, most bathing Warblers in a day at Butyl Creek, our recirculating creek on Beacon Hill.  We had about 4 Orange-crowned Warblers, about that many Wilson's, pretty-sure 2 Nashville, one Yellow-rumped and one Black-throated Gray.  Pictures of all of these birds and a recent Hammonds Flycatcher are at my website at

https://ednewbold.com/migration-is-on-at-butyl-creek/

 Warblers always seem to display their crown feathers when bathing.

If only the Hirundines were setting or equaling records in Seattle.

Thanks all and happy birding,
Ed Newbold and Delia Scholes,
residential Beacon Hill.