[Tweeters] Sno/Skagit birding

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sun Mar 31 11:32:16 PDT 2019

Yesterday I looked for the Light-morph Harlan's on 7th near Silvana in Snohomish County; more or less to confirm its absence, so I was surprised to see it. This is my latest spring record for Harlan's in western Washington.

Along Dry Slough Rd on Fir Island in Skagit County there was a vocalizing Northern Shrike. Link to videos below.
[ https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/47507998091/in/datetaken-family/ | https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/47507998091/in/datetaken-family/ ]

At the Game Range (Wylie Slough) there was a green-backed male Rufous Hummingbird . I stopped counting Greater Yellowlegs at 60 & estimate over 100. Also at the Game Range were 12 or more Long-billed Dowitchers .

The leucistic Bald Eagle ("Frosty") was at the West 90 on the Samish Flats.

Snow Geese are still many, but swans have thinned out considerably. Saw one adult Blue Goose on Fir Island.

--
Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

"Digital connection is now a means to others' commercial ends. At its core, surveillance capitalism is parasitic and self-referential."
- Shoshana Zuboff, The Age of Surveillance Capitalism