[Tweeters] Hummingbird nests

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Fri Mar 29 18:39:04 PDT 2019

Hello-

So far this spring I have found 5 bird’s nests. 3 Anna’s Hummingbird, 1 robin’s, 1 BC Chickadee nests and have a very good idea there is a bushtit nest hidden from sight in an ivy covered tree.
I was surprised to find two of the hummer nests (both have hatchlings now) not more than 50’ apart.
Can anyone tell me if this is unusual or not?
Is territory size determined by available food resources more that geographic space?

Birding in Kenmore’s Wallace Swamp Creek Park,
Linda Phillips