[Tweeters] FOY Rufous

Nadine Drisseq drisseq.n at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:26:19 PDT 2019

Hi Tweets,
Found my FOY Rufous a derelict, overgrown, baseball diamond opposite Lake
Kathleen.

Today's 1.5 hr/1.5m walk around Lake Kathleen starting at 9.30am yielded 32
species;

25 Ring necked Ducks
1 Double Crested Cormorant
1 Rufous Hummingbird
3 Anna's Hummingbirds (all male) (fdr)*
3 Fox Sparrows
12 Song Sparrows
6 Black-Capped Chickadees
2 Chestnut-backed Chickadees
1 Red winged Blackbird
1 Bald Eagle on nest (south side of lake down a driveway)
1 Pied Billed Grebe
2 Ruby Crowned Kinglets
7 Golden Crowned KInglets
1 Pileated Woodpecker
3 Canada Geese
15 Spotted Towhees
7 Dark-Eyed Juncos
2 Bewick's Wren
1 Pacific Wren
15+ Am Robins
5 Crows
2 House Finch (fdr)
4 Purple Finch
1 Northern Flicker
1 Downy Woodpecker
2 Red Tailed Hawks soaring over my house
3 Mallards
1 Red-breasted Nuthatches
1 Red-breasted Sapsucker
3 Pine Siskins (fdr)
2 European Starlings
3 Swallows
2 Varied Thrushes (fdr)

(NB. fdr = at my feeder)

Notes: Buffleheads and Wigeon are all gone. Our two Trumpeter Swans seem to
have left - last time I saw them was Sunday.
I had a SLATE GREY JUNCO in my yard two days ago (Monday) after I had put
out some broken up suet on my feeder wall. I may put some more out soon to
see if he's still about.

3 River Otters have been seen on the lake at sunrise. We haven't seen them
for a few years here. Douglas squirrels seem abundant this morning.

: May the birds be with you :

Nadine D.
Lake Kathleen,
SE King County (north of SR 169, East of Renton Highlands and South of
Squak Mountain.)