[Tweeters] Leucistic Black Capped Chickadee / Starlings

garrettwhaynes at me.com garrettwhaynes at me.com
Sat Mar 16 21:41:44 PDT 2019

Hello Tweets,
I had a really cool looking leucistic black capped chickadee at my feeders today. The white on its cheeks continued all the way around the top of it’s head and nape of it’s neck, leaving just a black forehead and throat. It also had white patches on its scapulars and back. Anyone else seen leucistic chickadees before?
Also, up to this point I have been fortunate that the local Starlings haven’t been coming to my feeders, but today there were 4 of them on my large feeder, so it looks like my luck has run out on that.
Happy yard birding!
Garrett Haynes

Get Outlook for iOS