[Tweeters] Helen Engle

Paul Bannick paul.bannick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:31:46 PDT 2019

Anyone who loves nature and wild places owes a debt to Helen, not just for
the concrete things she accomplished but for her leadership and for the
advocacy she modeled for those who followed. I am happy to have had the
opportunity to chat with her on a few occasions. She will be missed but
her legacy will truly live on in places and in the hearts and spirit of
others. Thanks Helen!

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM <mcallisters4 at comcast.net> wrote:

> When I think of the foundations of the refuge and the Nisqually Delta

> Association, I think of Flo Brodie (and my dad’s first cousin, Bud McBride)

> who was a founding executive and major figure head for the organization as

> they led the fight against a port at the delta. I remember Helen Engle and

> a much loved, prominent and articulate member of the Nongame Advisory

> Council, in the early 1980s. I really admired Helen for her ability to

> influence people and get incredible things done by sheer force of

> personality. I’ve always wished I had those abilities to be politically

> effective. Of course, she worked at it, putting on gatherings, travelling

> to meetings, always bringing along her smile and her laughter. She was

> great.

> Kelly McAllister

> Olympia

Now Available:
Owl: A Year in the Lives of North American Owls at:
http://paulbannick.com/shop/owl-a-year-in-the-lives-of-north-american-owls/

Paul Bannick Photography
www.paulbannick.com
206-940-7835