[Tweeters] Townsend's Warblers at feeders?

Faye McAdams Hands zest4parus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:30:42 PST 2019

I have a male Townsend's Warbler that spends much of the winter (for the past 3 or 4 years) at my suet feeders. The difference for me is that this year,
with all of the snow a few weeks ago, he started visiting my seed feeders also (mixed seeds and nut bits).
And, as reported by many birders earlier, I have had Varied Thrushes visiting my suet for the first time ever this year -- again starting with the abundance of snow in
my yard.
In this same vein, I have also had Spotted Towhees visiting my seed feeders, rather than simply scarfing up fallen seeds on the ground underneath the feeders, as has been their typical behavior in the past. One snow-filled day, I even had 6 Towhees at the same time commandeering ALL feeders in a well-executed game plan.

Happy Birding,
Faye

Faye McAdams Hands

Life is Simple -- Eat, Sleep, Bird.