[Tweeters] RFI: Liability waiver for guiding services

Chazz Hesselein chazz at hesselein.com
Sat Mar 2 11:15:02 PST 2019

Dear Tweeterdom,

I'm going on a trip and was planning on hiring a guide for a day. In
order to use the guiding service I have to sign a liability waiver.  In
summary, the waiver revokes my ability to sue for damages caused by
negligence on the part of the guiding service AND if I sue, I am
responsible for the guide services legal costs. Additionally, if I cause
any damage to their equipment due to negligence on my part, I would be
on the hook to compensate them for my negligence.  In your experience,
is this sort of liability waiver standard for guiding services and, if
so, do you just sign and hope for the best?

Thanks,

Chazz Hesselein
Port Orchard, WA