[Tweeters] (Late report) We dipped on Kitsap Peninsula Mountain Quail

Al n Donna alndonna at wamail.net
Thu Jun 27 19:11:32 PDT 2019

On Monday, June 24 we checked out two ebird hotspots.

We got nice photo’s of a Wilson’s Warbler at the spot called 146KPN. Birding is probably nice from inside homes, but when you get out of your car, you have 6 nearby dogs barking at you. Not good for finding nervous quails. We won’t go back there.

We got nice photo’s of a Willow Flycatcher, an Olive-sided Flycatcher, a Mourning Dove and a Common Nighthawk (flying over us) at Tahuya-Blacksmith rd spot. This was my sixth unsuccessful visit to this location. Maybe 7th is a charm.

Al in Tacoma