Janka and Michael Hobbs MJCT_Hobbs at msn.com
Thu Jun 13 15:00:50 PDT 2019

Tweets – A great day to be out. We had a very pleasant morning at Marymoor, though there were few surprises. Access near the mansion was limited due to preparations for the Washington Brewers Festival that starts tomorrow.

Highlights:

* Wood Duck – at least 2 clutches of small ducklings
* Virginia Rail – one doing Kiddick Kiddick calls from across the slough south of the Dog Area
* Spotted Sandpiper – 2 or 3 at and below the weir
* Great Blue Heron – the heronry is very loud and smelly, with many young birds growing feathers
* BARN OWL – Matt heard babies in windmill. At about 4:40 a.m., a juvenile flew around the East Meadow, mobbed by crows
* WESTERN SCREECH-OWL – Matt had two early, including one with horizontal barring of a juvenile
* Belted Kingfisher – First in 5 weeks
* Warbling Vireo – surprisingly, only one heard-only, singing near the Rowing Club
* Dark-eyed Junco – many juveniles
* WILSON’S WARBLER – one or possibly two singing, south of Dog Meadow. Seasonally unusual
* Lazuli Bunting – one male, SW of Pea Patch

Misses included Canada Goose, Rock Pigeon, Black Swift, Green Heron, Cliff Swallow, and Red-breasted Nuthatch.

For the day, 60 species, nothing new for our year list.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com