[Tweeters] Bald eagle crashes into Puget Sound

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 10:38:40 PDT 2019

Today while riding on the Edmonds-Kingston ferry (about 1/4 mile offshore
heading west) my friend witnessed two bald eagles have an aerial contact
scuffle. Both were spinning and flapping. A third bald eagle came by and
strafed the fighting duo. One of the scufflers let go and fell into the
water from about 30 feet up. The other two eagles took off. As she
watched, the now water logged eagle took more than a minute or so before it
was able to get up enough energy to once again become airborne. She was not
sure it was going to make it as it was struggling in the water as the ferry
moved along.
Have any of you seen this behavior off shore before? I know they fight
and can drop into the water or crash on land. Thankfully the eagle was able
to get off the water and fly.

Martha Jordan
Everett, WA