[Tweeters] Skamania County Migrants

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Jul 30 02:26:41 PDT 2019

On July 29th we had our first flocks of post breeding wanderers or migrants at our place in western Skamania County. As we had our coffee on the front deck we had a mixed flock of about 10 WARBLING VIREOS, 1 RED-EYED VIREO, 1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, 2 BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS, 5 HERMIT WARBLERS and 8 WESTERN TANAGERS working the trees around us. When the birding slowed down and the sun warmed up we moved to the patio on the north side of the house that has a better view of our water feature. Birds coming to the water included SWAINSON'S THRUSH, YELLOW WARBLER, MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER and 2 more HERMIT WARBLERS. From now through September these mixed flocks will be visiting our Cascara and Bitter Cherry trees that are just starting to ripen if the CEDAR WAXWINGS don't eat all of them first Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA