[Tweeters] Mountain Quail in Mason Cty

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:31:49 PDT 2019

Tweeters,

Yesterday, I felt privileged to visit Mary Hrudkaj who has been hosting
several families of Mountain Quail in her yard this Spring-Summer. I
arrived at about 1 and had a great conversation with Mary as we waited -
Common Nighthawks flying overhead and an apparent Barred Owl flew through
the area. At 3:15 or so, two Mountain Quail chicks showed followed by an
adult. Nice views out Mary's living room window!

Mary has been studying the quail for years and is amassing quite the
knowledge base! Ask her anything about them and she probably knows the
answer.

Here is Mary's e-mail address if you want to visit: mch1096 at hotmail.com
Please e-mail here first before visiting. I will be ebirding my visit but
don't want to drop the pin on the exact location since it is private
property.

Keep your eyes and ears, well, downward sometimes!

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA