[Tweeters] RFI: Mirrorless cameras for bird photography

ehagstrom13 at gmail.com ehagstrom13 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 20:13:30 PDT 2019

The mirrorless revolution is coming on strong. The Sony A9 plus a Sony
100-400mm and 1.4x converter as mentioned by Nagi is so far the best out
there for birds. Sony just released a 200-600mm lens which is getting pretty
good reviews and isn't crazy expensive ($2,000). If you have money to burn,
Sony released a 600mm lens as well. But around $13,000 for that! Tomorrow
Sony may be announcing some new bodies and the rumors are that between July
and September there might be a next gen A9 (aka A9II). I haven't moved over
from Canon yet except for Landscape where I use the Sony A7rIII. But if Sony
does release a new A9 that may be my tipping point. And hopefully they will
improve the user interface of the menu!

Erik

www.erikhagstrom.com